© 2021 Square Enix Ltd. All Rights Reserved. LIFE IS STRANGE and LIFE IS STRANGE: BEFORE THE STORM are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Ltd.
Life is Strange
Life is Strange is an episodic adventure game that allows the player to rewind time and affect the past, present and future. Follow the story of Max Caulfield, a photography senior who discovers she can rewind time while saving her best friend Chloe Price. The pair soon find themselves investigating the mysterious disappearance of fellow student Rachel Amber, uncovering a dark side to life in Arcadia Bay. Meanwhile, Max must quickly learn that changing the past can sometimes lead to a devastating future.
- Although players take on the role of a protagonist with an established background, they are able to construct their own sexuality expression through their choice to pursue romantic actions as the protagonist – Meeting the Queer Me criteria.
- Positive representation of plurisexuality – the protagonist comes to learn and explore their sexuality in an organic way.
- Narrative features many well-developed and written female characters who exercise their agency.
- The element of choice within the game allows players to explore queer intimacy at their own pace and to their own depth – albeit to an almost ambiguous level.
- Themes of suicide, grooming, murder and sexual assault.
- Some incidents of flashing images.
- Falls into the ‘Bury Your Gays’ trope.