© 2020 Mediatonic
Murder by Numbers
Investigate a range of murders across TV studios, glitzy award shows, drag clubs, and more. Uncover a dark conspiracy by interrogating a wild range of weird and wonderful characters, designed by the incomparable Hato Moa, creator of Hatoful Boyfriend. 90s fashions! Upbeat jams! Sass dialled up to 100! Questionable jokes! Drag queens! All that and more awaits... in Murder by Numbers!
- Players are positioned in a world that introduces them to queer perspectives and queer culture - Meeting the Queer World criteria
- Energetic soundtrack from famed composer Masakazu Sugimori (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick and Viewtiful Joe).
- Features an array of LGBTQ+ characters and queer settings.
- Narrative has a focus on the LGBTQ+ community and the dangers that the community gets faced with in real life
- As the player investigates cases, many conversations open up a dialogue about LGBTQ+ issues, such as the usage of gender pronouns.
Points to note:
- The gender of a character becomes a key fact in an investigative case for a small moment, before being deemed unimportant. The narrative teeters on the edge of an insensitive transgender trope for a brief moment which some players may find upsetting.