© 2020 Contigo Games
StarCrossed is an action arcade game with a magical girl aesthetic and a cooperative twist. Join our cast of five space-faring heroes as they travel across the stars, working together to strengthen their bond and defeat a looming evil that threatens the galaxy! StarCrossed is the story of a new time of crisis and the new heroes chosen to fight.
- Players exist in a galaxy that is abound in magical and queer characters, offering players an alternative fictional worldview with diverse relationships between characters – Meeting the Queer World criteria.
- StarCrossed takes heavy inspiration from classic Magical Girl media like Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Tokyo Mew Mew. These stories are about collaboration and friendship, and everything in StarCrossed, from the visuals to the game mechanics, is designed around those same themes.
- Within the five playable heroes, two of them are non-binary. Each hero showcases the story mode from their point of view, and so the narrative covers a wide variety of perspectives from heroes of varying body types, races and queer identities
- StarCrossed’s game mechanic relies on cooperation and relationships between two selected characters, and players have a lot of agency in character combinations.
- Relationships are not overtly romantic. The dynamic between characters is written to reflect that close platonic friendships are just as valid as romantic ones.
Recommended by Inclusive Games:
“Fast-paced co-op bullet hell for two (or solo for a major challenge). Playable POC. Playable character genders: 2 non-binary, 3 female. Build up a positive dynamic with your partner! 8/10 - excellent."