Steven Universe and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Cartoon Network
Steven Universe: Save The Light
Save the Light is a unique RPG hybrid that combines real-time and turn-based combat. Fight an army of light as Steven, Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst, Connie, Greg, and Peridot! Bust out unique abilities to solve puzzles and battle the bad guys. Team up for incredible combo moves and Gem Fusions! Fuse to play as Stevonnie, Smoky Quartz, Opal, Sardonyx, and Sugilite! “Save the Light” features an original story and all-new Homeworld Gem created by Rebecca Sugar, and voices from the Steven Universe cast and special guest star Christine Baranski.
- Players explore and interact with Steven Universe’s environments, such as Beach City and the ancient Gem locations. This world is inclusive to queer perspectives and features a diverse range of characters - Meeting the Queer World criteria
- Save the Light is a video game spin-off of the television show Steven Universe, a series often praised for its representations of race, gender and sexuality, along with engaging with themes such as trauma, grief, toxic relationships, consent, empathy and more.
- The player can customise their party and play as fan favourites from the show. Characters are diverse and include a range of queer and nonbinary characters.
- One of the Crystal Gems is in a same-sex and interracial relationship that is explicitly queer-coded.
- Save the Light does not include a lot of expositions. Would recommend watching Steven Universe and becoming familiar with the series to fully appreciate.
Recommended by Inclusive Games:
“Charming RPG with fun gameplay and voice-acting. Switch characters (agender aliens using she/her, female, male) and strengthen their friendships! Playable POC. Rare minor glitches. 8/10 - excellent.”