© 2020 Greg Bayles
Super Bearded Dragons
Planned Release: 2021
Super Bearded Dragons is a platform fighting game featuring bearded drag queens. By Blending fighting games and queer cultures, players can explore a queer new world of samurai drag queen in the world’s first drag fighting game.
- Players are able to select from a range of drag queens and kings in a gameplay environment that is inspired by queer culture - Meeting the Queer World criteria
- Planned release for PC and Nintendo Switch. Currently in the early access phase.
- Explores themes such as identity and self-acceptance
- Players select from a diverse range of contenders of both drag queens and kings
- Combat moves and environmental design are heavily inspired by drag and queer culture
- Offers varied and alternative win conditions and play styles to suit players needs – Increasing the accessibility of play
- Created by queer solo-developer and drag queen Greg Bayles
- During the development, Bayles spoke with drag performers, artists and activists to ensure they were highlighting non-dominant LGBTQ+ stories in a respectable but humorous way